nv-l

[nv-l] Router config change through NetView to initiate fallback link

2003-03-04 04:57:03
Subject: [nv-l] Router config change through NetView to initiate fallback link
From: anand anupam <ananda AT bharatpetroleum DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:17:58 +0530
Hi,

We are running NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3

We have 2 MBPS OFC link between Location_1 and Location_2 connected through NOKIA Bridges and fall back VSAT (SCPC) link.

At present, if OFC get down due to some reason, the link does not automatically shift to SCPC. We have to do certain changes manually in our routers at Location_1 and Location_2 .

Now, we wanted to automate this process through NetView. If NetView detects that 2 mbps link is down then it should change the required configuration of the routers at the both ends to initiate the fallback link.

Please suggest how we can do this and where to look into?

Regards,
Anupam

The information contained in this message is BPCL's Confidential and Proprietary information and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, he/she is hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of its content is strictly prohibited. In such case, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of BPCL.