nv-l

[nv-l] NetView and AIX 5.2 64 bit O/S

2003-03-03 21:50:19
Subject: [nv-l] NetView and AIX 5.2 64 bit O/S
From: "Ray Westphal" <westphal2002 AT charter DOT net>
To: "NetView List Server" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:13:14 -0600
Hello Everyone.

NetView 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3 ML10

What plans are there for NetView to take advantage of these powerful, IBM
pSeries, servers and a 64 bit O/S like AIX 5.2? For instance - configuring
netmon with options like "-q 64" and "-Q 64". :)

I'm trying to make a case for purchasing a p650 as our network expands.
Given the huge cost difference, would it be wise to recommend an 8-way
system instead of a 4-way system? Of course, I'm recommending plenty of
memory.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car