nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Illegal trap ?

2003-02-28 12:05:23
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Illegal trap ?
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:55:42 -0500
In my opinion, it cannot be right if the enterprise id does not define a
vendor (usually 1.3.6.1.4.1.xx . etc) , because the generic trap-type is
"6", which means "enterprise specific".  And MIB-II does not identify a
vendor.

How is trapd displaying this in trapd.log?
If the trap is not formatted, it should lay out all the contents and tell
you the hostname which sent it.
What kind of an agent is it?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Philippe Menard" <PME AT fr.ibm DOT com>
02/28/2003 09:41 AM