nv-l

Re: [nv-l] DFM MIB load in Netview

2003-02-25 20:39:48
Subject: Re: [nv-l] DFM MIB load in Netview
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:21:01 -0500

The MIB is in SNMP V2 format ("Module Identity" is solely a V2 construct)
and you are trying to load it with the SNMP V1-only loader (xnmloadmib).
You need to get a version of the MIB in SNMP V1 format to load it with that
tool or you have to use the SNMP V1/V2 loader instead.  This loader is not
on the GUI.  You use it my running xmnloadmib2 from the command line.

Just what are you hoping to do with this MIB?  Your choices are severely
limited as long as it is in SNMP V2 format.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

                      "Carlos Enriquez"
                      <enriquezc@terra.        To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com
                      com.mx>                  cc:
                                               Subject:  [nv-l] DFM MIB load in
 Netview
                      02/25/03 07:17 PM

Hello List:

I need to load in Netview the MIB file for receiving traps from DFM
(ciscoworks)
but when I try to load the mib I receive the following message:

Error detected while loading MIB file: /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/DFM-MIB.my. This
MIB cannot de loaded until the following problem si corrected:
Line 12: Error defining object: found 'MODULE-IDENTITY'

Expected one of the following:
OBJECT IDENTIFIER
OBJECT-TYPE
TRAP-TYPE
::=

Any idea what I'm doing wrong??? I got the MIB my e-mail from cisco.

Thanks. Regards
Saludos.

Carlos Enriquez

Encuentra los mejores productos y precios increibles!!
Aprovecha nuestra promoción a 12 pagos fijos con tarjetas Banamex
http://www.decompras.com
CONÉCTATE fácilmente con TERRA PREPAGO.
Tu tarjeta de Internet
http://www.terra.com.mx/terraprepago/