nv-l

[nv-l] Netview auto population of map

2003-02-18 11:10:22
Subject: [nv-l] Netview auto population of map
From: "DePhillips, Frank" <fdephillips AT McLeodUSA DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:51:25 -0600

        I have just taken over a netview map that needs major clean up.   I have a new machine that is running 7.1.3 on AIX and would like to set this new machine up right before rolling  into production.

        I have created State and City locations and would like to place all my loop back nodes  in the location.conf file under the correct City.  The location.log file keeps changing my node to a Site and not gateway symbol. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?  The devices are Foundry, Juniper and Cisco and the mibs have been added.  Once I have run the MIB loader does anything else need to be done to update the OID files?

        Have also been reading that only loop back addresses need to be listed in the seedfile is that correct?

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Frank DePhillips
NMS Engineer
McLeodUSA

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.