nv-l

[nv-l] NetView, DVIPA & Mainframes

2003-02-14 03:29:33
Subject: [nv-l] NetView, DVIPA & Mainframes
From: "Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow AT csfs DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:18:09 +0100
NetView Gurus,

We would like to manage the IP-Stacks of our mainframes with
NetView (Version 7.1.3) for Unix. These mainframes are in different
Sysplexs: e.g. SysplexA consists of System1, System2, System3 and
SysplexB consists of System4, System5, System6. These systems
use DVIPA (Dynamic Virtual IP Addressing).

Now, the problem we are having is this: NetView only discovers one
IP-Stack per Sysplex, e.g. System1 and System4. The other Systems
(2,3,5 & 6) are NOT discovered. Which system gets discovered appears
to be random. (Tested by deleting all mainframe information from NetView,
ovtopofixing, and rediscovering. The MVS mainframe systems are listed in
the seedfile by their hostnames.)

Can NetView not handle DVIPA? Is there some special setting I must set,
or special entry in the seedfile I should set? Documentation also appears
to be lacking in this area.

Feedback, info, experience and possible solutions eagerly awaited. :)

Regards,
Kevin.

--
Kevin Gow