nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Strange SNMP/Demand Poll Behaviour

2003-02-05 09:17:00
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Strange SNMP/Demand Poll Behaviour
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:56:27 -0600
That would be my PMR - DEFINATElY get this fix.

The problem is the SNMP configuration data has a stale file handle and NETMON
will use public even when the SNMP config file has the correct community
strings on it.

ANYONE using the fix pack should get this patch. I guarantee it will reduce the
problem of incorrect node down events and also prevent what was happening to me
(all nodes in my network marked down simultaneously).

Thanks to support guys for getting this fixed because it ran for 4 days in
development box without a problem and became a flaming hunk of twisted metal
when it went into production.