nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NV 7.1.3 fixpack install problems

2003-02-03 14:58:52
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV 7.1.3 fixpack install problems
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 19:44:57 +0000
I had this bomb out winging that some library was still in use. I had forgotten to take down nettl (nettl -stop) and suspect this was the issue. Once I had cleaned up and made REALLY sure there wsa NO NetView running, it went fine for me. My environment was AIX 4.3.3 ML10 though...

Cheers,
Jane

Don Seitz wrote:

We are trying to install the fixpack for AIX 7.1.3 and it is bombing out when it attempts to install the /usr/OV/services/dbmcompress

environment:
AIX 5.1 on an F40

NV 7.1.3 fresh installation

Our log shows that we are passing the install script:
prerequisite checking
file extraction
space checks
file backup
then on file replacement it bombs.

We are doing everything according to the README file that comes with it.

Anyone seen this or have an idea what to look for.

thanks

don

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.