nv-l

[nv-l] [NV-L] Ruleset trace - Query Database Field not working

2003-01-09 20:46:54
Subject: [nv-l] [NV-L] Ruleset trace - Query Database Field not working
From: Bocock Leonard <Leonard.Bocock AT siemens.com DOT au>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:46:54 +1100
List

NV7.13, Solaris 2.8.  I have a simple ruleset not working:

An 'interface down' trap sets a Database Field CorrStat1, Origin, to a value
of "1", and forwards the trap.
If I send an 'interface down' trap, query the database, CorrStat1 is set to
a value of 1, the event is forwarded.  No issues here.

An 'interface up' trap queries the Database Field, and should forward the
trap if the CorrStat1 field is value of "1".
If I send an 'interface up' trap, nothing happens.  If I change the node
from Query Database Field to Set Database Field, nothing happens. The field
is not set, the event is not passed.

Both the nvcorrd alog and blogs show nothing.  How can I get verbose tracing
turned on to debug this?  Is this stuff buggy?

Thanks, Leonard

Enterprise Management Information Systems
Siemens Business Services
Australia
+61 407 370 854

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error please notify Siemens Ltd., ABN 98004347880,
or Siemens (NZ) Limited immediately.