nv-l

RE: [nv-l] nvdbimport - setting StringType fields to null

2002-12-09 15:41:01
Subject: RE: [nv-l] nvdbimport - setting StringType fields to null
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:41:01 -0600

Jane,

What value is there to setting it to <nothing> vs. the word NULL?   I find
that in scripts, SmartSets and other functions that I can still use that
field and objects as I designed by setting the field to NULL when I am done
using it.    In all cases I can say to ignore any objects with a string
"NULL" field value so those objects don't get in the way.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste AT us.ibm DOT com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
11400 Burnet Road   Austin, TX  78758
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com