nv-l

[nv-l] Switch Analyzer & Cisco Catalyst 4006

2002-11-11 20:02:51
Subject: [nv-l] Switch Analyzer & Cisco Catalyst 4006
From: BLATZHEIM Phillip <phillip.blatzheim AT atofina DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:02:51 -0600

Has anyone successfully deployed IBM Tivoli Switch Analyzer in an environment with Cisco Catalyst 4006s; with and without the Layer 3 card. Connecting to Cisco routers and Catalyst 3500 switches?

I am trying to do a proof of concept and we are not seeing the fault analysis we are expecting.

My Environment is a typical Cisco textbook deployment with VLAN 1 as the management VLAN and Host access on different VLANs with trunking between interconnected switches.  The only known issue I can find in the documentation is that ITSA will not go outside of the management VLAN and has a problem with 1900 series switches; neither of which I would think apply.

Thanks,
Phillip

Phillip Blatzheim
ATOFINA Petrochemical, Inc.
Information Technology -- Network Services

P: +1 (281) 227-5545
F: +1 (281) 227-5515
Email: phillip.blatzheim AT atofina DOT com

My candle burns at both ends;
 It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friend --
 It gives a lovely light!