nv-l

Re: [nv-l] xnmcollect problem

2002-11-02 04:46:00
Subject: Re: [nv-l] xnmcollect problem
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT kardinia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 20:46:00 +1100
Greg,
>From this second posting of yours on this topic, it seems to me you have
loaded a v2 MIB.
My previous reply  was based on the assumption that the data collector GUI
needed a v1 MIB loaded to make sure objects are accepted for collection. If
so, Gauge32 will not be recognized as a valid type for data collection.

At 05:57 PM 1/11/2002 -0500, Gregory Adams wrote:

>No I am saying that I cant add or create a collection for the mib in
>question, I click on add  which brings up the MIB DATA COLLECTION - MIB
>OBJECT SELECTION dialog and walkdown through the mib to the last level
>which is
>.cpmCPUTotal5min  At this point I think should be able to click on  the OK
>or APPLY buttons but they are not highlighted
>
>What I was saying is that if I go to the MIB browser and browse the mib of
>a 6509 router I can go to that same location in the mib and see there is
>data and it is in a TYPE gauge 32(1..100)  field, So why am I not able to
>create a data collector from xnmcollect ?
>
>Sorry it I am not being clear enough on this...
>

>Thanks
> Greg Adams
>
>From: Leslie Clark on 11/01/2002 03:16 PM
>
>To:    Gregory Adams/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS
>cc:
>From:  Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
>Subject:    Re: [nv-l] xnmcollect problem  (Document link: Gregory Adams)
>
>I'm having trouble picturing how you are adding this. You did
>an Add on the top part, and walked the mib tree to select the
>variable, right? And it was added to the list at the top? And
>is it marked 'Suspended' or 'Collecting'? Did you then select
>it and proceed to add a node or group of nodes for which it
>is to be collected? I could see where it might make sense to
>disallow Apply if a collection is set to 'Collecting' and there are
>no node entries. Otherwise, any change to the configuration
>should enable the Apply button.  If no actual changes have
>been made, then the Apply button is not enabled.
>
>Cordially,
>
>Leslie A. Clark
>IBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt & Networking
>Detroit
>

>                      Gregory

>                      Adams/Endicott/IB        To:
nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
McKim/Burlington/IBM@IBMUS
>                                               Subject:  [nv-l] xnmcollect
problem
>                      11/01/2002 08:22

>                      AM

>Hello all,
> I have nv6k ver.7.1.2 running on AIX 4.3.3 and am seeing the following
>when trying to add  a data collection entry for the following:
>
>The mib object is:
>.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoProcessMIB.c
iscoProcessMIBObjects.cpmCPU.cpmCPUTotalTable.cpmCPUTotalEntry.cpmCPUTotal5min

>or
>1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5
>
>the dialog window for the collector wont allow this mib data collection
>definition to be created (The OK and APPLY) buttons are not active.
>
>Yet when I go and walk that mib from the MIB browser I am able to access
>data in that mib location. Does anyone have an idea of what might be the
>problem here ?
>

>Thanks
>    Greg Adams

>For additional commands, e-mail: nv-l-help AT lists.tivoli DOT com
>
>*NOTE*
>This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
>assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
>help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

>For additional commands, e-mail: nv-l-help AT lists.tivoli DOT com
>
>*NOTE*
>This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
>assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
>help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand AT kardinia DOT com