nv-l

[nv-l] Netview map on TEC event

2002-11-17 12:28:42
Subject: [nv-l] Netview map on TEC event
From: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice AT SAQ.qc DOT ca>
To: "Netview - List (E-mail)" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:28:42 -0500

Hi, Netview 7.1 and planning to go to 7.1.3 on aix 4.3.3,

On Netview 7.1 we are able to open a netview map directly on TEC event
(we select the event AND on the TEC menu we select "netview map")

But this option (in NV 7.1) is only available if :

1- Both TEC and Netview are installed in the same server
2- The native Netview console must be open

3- The TEC console must be open from the TEC SERVER and
be a Aix TEC console (x windows), can't be a MS-windows TEC.

My questions is :

A- In Netview 7.1.3, can we access to netview map directly to TEC event
WITHOUT THIS 3 REQUIERMENTS ABOVE ?

thanks

Dominic D'Apice
* D.D'Apice AT saq.qc DOT ca