nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Cursed Cisco Trap Formats

2002-10-03 17:01:16
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cursed Cisco Trap Formats
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:01:16 -0500
Very true - but I have no idea what the contents mean. if NVATTR_2 is "2" for
ifType that is not the same if it is "2" for ifLocalReason. Yes, blanks are
detectable, but deciding which format the trap is still won't be easy unless I
can tell whether its a 3, 4, or 5 type trap. Mind you, all these routers are
running RECENT versions of IOS - everything is 11.3, 12.0 or higher. We're not
talking older than dirt, just not most recent.

Thanks again everyone, the cat skinning will begin soon.