nv-l

Re: [nv-l] HSRP

2002-10-03 08:54:56
Subject: Re: [nv-l] HSRP
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:54:56 -0400
I think that may be proper. It knows which device is currently using that
address, and draws only that connection. When it knows the interface
is HSRP, it checks it every 5 minutes by pulling the sysname of the
device that answers an snmpget to that address, and if it has moved
to the other switch, it will move the connection. At netmon startup, it
will probably delete and add the interface as well.

You should be sure to discover the actual switches by some address
that is not involved in HSRP, such as the loopback or an ethernet
or something stable like that.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      Michel.Grossenbac

                      her AT coop DOT ch              To:       nv-l AT
lists.tivoli DOT com
                                               cc:

                      10/02/2002 05:00         Subject:  [nv-l] HSRP

                      AM

Hiyas together
first of all, I lost my link to the mailinglist archive so maybe this
question has already been answered. Anybody could send me the link please?
8)

and now to the main question.

AIX 4.3.3 ML 9
NetView 7.1.2

We got some L3 Swiches (Cisco 6509) which have HSRP for their VLANs. We
always have 2 Switches to maintain one building so one is the master for
some VLANs and the other is the Master for the others. The Problem now is,
I get all those Switches and the symbols show me that NetView knows they
are routers (L3 Switches) but it doesnt connect all to the Subnets it
should, it always takes one proper and the other just shows up in the
Subnets itself and not on the connection Submap.
I tried it now with the % in front of every IP Address of those VLANs but
still NetView just makes one proper and the other not. Also deleted them
and discovered them again, no change.
Anyone got an Idea why this happens?

Thanks in Advance

Michel Grossenbacher

Coop
Michel Grossenbacher
Systemtechnik/Telekommunikation
Network Management Systems Verantwortlicher
Telefon: +41 61 336 57 68
Telefax: +41 61 336 57 57
michel.grossenbacher AT coop DOT ch
Pikett Telekommunikation: +41 79 219 73 77
http://telekommunikation.hs.coop.ch