nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Wildcards in attribute value field?

2002-10-28 04:01:39
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Wildcards in attribute value field?
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:01:39 +0100
Hello Mans,

try to put two "Event Attributes"-nodes one behind the other.
The first one: 4.1 greater than 7/
The second one: 4.1 less than 8/

This should work although I havent tested it ...

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae AT de.ibm DOT com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

|         |           Mans             |
|         |           Langert/Sweden/IB|
|         |           M@IBMSE          |
|         |           28.10.2002 09:26 |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
                                           |
  |       cc:
                                    |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Wildcards in attribute value field?
                                    |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I've done a ruleset to pick certain traps from a Cisco switch.
I check the first word (octetstring) of the fourth
variable with the Event Attribute cube. This is the Cisco switch's card
number and port number, in the format of e.g 7/14 (card 7 port 14). The
ruleset works fine but I'd like to check the value using a wildcard. Now
I've
added one Event Attribute cube per port (7/1, 7/2, 7/3 ....) which makes
quite a few cubes
and a messy ruleset. I'd like to pick traps from every port on card nr 7,
like "7/*" if you get
my meaning, and I would end up with only one Event Attribute cube and a
ruleset much
easier to view. Actually I've tried "*" and "?" but it doesn't work.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards
Mans Langert