nv-l

[nv-l] maps + solaris accounts problems.

2002-10-09 01:08:37
Subject: [nv-l] maps + solaris accounts problems.
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan AT nz.unisys DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:08:37 +1000
Hi,

One of my customer is have the below problem....

Environment: Netview 5.x on Solaris 2.6, and a solaris 2.6 YP master.

Problem:
On a solaris desktop, the user ssh to the solaris Netview server, with
solaris account "helpdesk" (stored in YP), the helpdesk account belongs to a
solaris Netview group. Starts NV with nv6000, screens starts to pop up and
then it bombs out. In /home/yp_master/helpdesk/nv6000.log it says......
ovw:Cannot open map

I fluked it by typing "Netview -map mapname" and it works under the helpdesk
account..... there is no "default" map on /usr/OV/databases/openview/mapdb,
don't know why......I didn't do that implementation.

Questions:

In "man Netview" it says the default behaviour is to open the user's default
map based on the user's UID. If no user default map is configured, the
graphical interface opens the map named default.

1. So I guess the question is.......why does "Netview -map mapname" works
but "nv6000" doesn't? Is it because there is no default map set for the
newly created solaris user?

2. Does that mean if I set the default map for the helpdesk account, it will
create an entry called /usr/OV/databases/openview/mapdb/helpdesk?? and
nv6000 will work again?

Thanks for the patience.

regards,

Jack