nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Exclude Interface and subnets

2002-10-08 11:25:50
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Exclude Interface and subnets
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:25:50 -0500
You cannot exclude the interfaces if you specifically discover the node in your
seed file. What you probably want to do is use an SNMP poll rather than pings
to manage this box. Put two entries for the node in the seed file:

nodename.your.domain.com
$nodename.your.domain.com

That way, the "other" interface status is active based on the results of an
SNMP poll and avoids it being down due to the failure of a ping status poll.