nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Exclude nodes in seedfile

2002-10-07 21:39:41
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Exclude nodes in seedfile
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:39:41 -0400
I am not near a V5.1 Admin Guide, or V5.1 Inst & Config Guide where
these things are documented, but I'm pretty sure that negative address
ranges were present in V5. A negative address range can look like
   !1.2-3.4.*

There used to be a belief that you had to flush the database for
such restrictions to work. I know that is no longer true, but perhaps
it really was true then. I don't know for sure.  But try this:
  ovstop netmon
  Delete the things you don't want (from all submaps)
  Delete them from any other maps you might have
     (stop netmon quickly of opening other maps restarts it)
  ovtopofix -a (or -A, depending on how many maps you have)
  Make sure the seedfile is in place
  ovstart

Now, pinging an unwanted address should NOT result in it
being added to the map.

Note that you cannot prevent the discovery of interfaces on
a router if one of its interfaces is allowed by your rules. But
no additional nodes should be found for the subnet you
exclude, even if it is drawn to accomodate a router interface.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      avikam AT nioi DOT gov.i

                      l                        To:       <nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com>
                                               cc:

                      10/07/2002 07:13         Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Exclude
nodes in seedfile
                      AM

Thank you Bernard.
It WORKED fine with my Netview V6.02 AIX 4.3.3.

Now, I have another Netview V5.1.2 AIX 4.3.2 - here this is NOT WORKING at
all.
do you know how to exclude nodes in seedfile of Netview V5.1.2?

Thanks,

Avikam.