nv-l

Re: [nv-l] TR: upgrading TMF 3.7b to 3.7.1 and netview 7.1 (aix 4.3.3)

2002-10-28 11:39:23
Subject: Re: [nv-l] TR: upgrading TMF 3.7b to 3.7.1 and netview 7.1 (aix 4.3.3)
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:39:23 +0000
Framework is no longer a pre-requisite for NetView - it's your choice whether
you install on top of Framework or not.  Framework integration gives you an
icon on a Tivoli Desktop (probably not very important), and access to a
relational database via RIM (may be more important if you want to put NetView
data in SQL databases).

There was a bug with Framework 3.7.1 and NetView 6.x that broke the install.
You are OK on Framework 3.7b and NetView 6 or 7.  You are OK with NetView 7.x
and Framework 3.7.1. or Framework 3.7b.  Check the NetView archives for how to
get around the Framework 3.7.1 plus NV 6.x issue.

It is worth updating your NetView to the latest version as there are a fair
number of bug fixes.  I don't believe this involves any further Framework
patches if you already have Framework 3.7.1 and NetView 7.x already.  Later
versions of NetView 7.x also give you greater integration between NetView and
TEC.  You have a choice when upgrading your NetView to 7.1.2 whether to take
advantage of new TEC integration or not - read the Release Note P12-13.

TEC 3.8 is the latest version that has just started shipping.  My
understanding is that this includes NetView 7.1.3 (not sure what your
reference is to TEC 5.1??).  If you upgrade to this, again you have the choice
as to whether to automatically upgrade your TEC / NetView integration or not.

Kind regards,
Jane