nv-l

[nv-l] No non-SNMP devices in database

2002-09-09 13:08:08
Subject: [nv-l] No non-SNMP devices in database
From: john.j.mackney AT accenture DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:08:08 +0100
I have set up a seed file with all the important routers in it. Netmon has
discovered them all and built a topology map.

I can not locate any non SNMP nodes in my database (servers etc). I look
using locate, and the objects IP address or DNS name but no objects are
found. As these servers should be discovered using ICMP ping, I assume
community names do not come into it.

Notes:
I did not specify Limit Discover in the file so I expected it to discover
these ICMP ping systems too.
I want to monitor these systems for availability using NetView and manage
their resources using Tivoli DM

Am I going about this the right way???

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.