nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Run NetView/6000 as non-root user

2002-09-03 17:03:34
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Run NetView/6000 as non-root user
From: Alek Barsky <abarsky AT rci.rogers DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:03:34 -0400
There is a lot of the political pressure within organization to make it
happen.
It looks like it is "possible" to do without using "uid" 0,
however I am not sure what will be "hidden" application deficiencies?
What can potentially go broken if NetView is running as non-root user?
Thanks for the help.

Alek Barsky.