nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview installed on /usr

2002-09-03 14:36:21
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview installed on /usr
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 19:36:21 +0100
Is this AIX or Solaris??  You don't have to use a separate filesystem unless
you wish to.

I can't think of a trivial way of doing this. Backup everything first!!   I
guess you could create a new temporary filesystem (or use an existing
filesystem if it has space) and recursive copy everything from /usr/OV into
it.  Then delete everything under /usr/OV (in fact, do a recursive mv rather
than copy & delete).  Then create your new filesystem to mount on /usr/OV and
recursive mv everything back again.  Make sure you preserve ownerships and
permissions with your moves.

Otherwise, if you have lots of NetView customisation, do a full NetView backup
which will create a backup directory /usr/OV.back.vxry (where x and y are your
current version and release).  Deinstall NetView using uninstalnv or the
maintain menu from Serversetup / Tivoli Desktop if you have a Framework
install.  This should empty /usr/OV.  Create and mount your new filesystem.
Then reinstall but do a server-update install - even though you don't have any
NetView code still installed, it lays down the new code and then automatically
applies all your backed up configurations./

Cheers,
Jane
Denis Peuziat wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I got 2 servers that ahve been installed on /usr instead of /usr/OV.  Is it
> possible to modify this easily witjout affecting too much NV
> functionnalities? how can I move from /usr to /usr/OV?
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Regards,

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.