nv-l

[nv-l] stop using nameserver & domain problems

2002-09-02 16:55:47
Subject: [nv-l] stop using nameserver & domain problems
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius AT fnb.co DOT za>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:55:47 +0200
Hi all

I am running aix 4.3.3 and Netview /aix 6.0

I had a nameserver and domain defined (abc.co.za).  My hostname is test and
but when I discover test it discovers as  test.abc.co.za,
I deleted the domain and name server and then my maps would not open as they
belonged to another machine test.abc.co.za and not just "test"

How do I copy maps to the same machine with different names.?
How can I stop using the name server and the domain with out the problems
above.?
The daemons also gave me trouble saying unknown hostname.

Thanks
Vynita

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the
author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this
e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of
information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever
reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.