nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Origin of trap

2002-09-04 10:54:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Origin of trap
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:54:50 -0400
Well, I have not encountered AIX 5.1 yet. But I always assume that I will
be
better off upgrading MLM when I upgrade Netview, since they always give
us a new one. And Netview 6x does not run on AIX 5.1. So when you get the
version of Netview that is supported on AIX 5.1, I expect that there will
be an
MLM that runs there as well. And that would include an snmptrap command.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      Ken.Garst AT kp DOT org

                                               To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                      09/04/2002 10:18         cc:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com
                      AM                       Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Origin of
trap

It seems that the NetView 6.02 MLM version of the snmptrap command that
works well under AIX 4.3 does not work under AIX 5.1.  Are you aware of
this and is there a workaround ?

Regards,
ken
ken.garst AT kp DOT org