nv-l

[nv-l] Origin of trap

2002-09-02 11:33:06
Subject: [nv-l] Origin of trap
From: "Denis Peuziat" <PEUZIATD AT fr.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:33:06 +0200
Hi everybody,

NV 7.1, AIX 4.3.3

I' d like to know what could generate a "SNMP address changed to" trap?

I got a backup script running in crontab that stop netmon & ovtopmd before
backuping NV databases and other stuff and that restarts it afterwards. I
know that this is what starts the problem (I cross-checked time slots). But
after the process are restarted I get a "SNMP address changed to " trap for
each of my supervised equipment......is this normal?

Then again, I got 2 servers that I monitor through a MLM (NV can't reach
them) and when the previous problem appears, I lose all my MLM
configuration in NV (nothing left in netmon.trace after a netmon -a 102
command). and of course both servers goes Down in NV.....

thanks in advance for your contribution.....

Denis PEUZIAT
Tivoli Netview Administrator
IBM La Gaude
External phone: 33-0492115807