nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Managing networks using MLMs

2002-09-02 14:37:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Managing networks using MLMs
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 19:37:50 +0100
Hi John,
If you setup netmon to use MLMs for status polling, the algorithm says that
netmon parcels up everything on the same subnet as the MLM that netmon is
currently monitoring, creating one or more alias tables.  netmon then ships out
those alias tables to the MLM who starts polling.  netmon should automatically
stop polling other devices on that same network - he will continue to poll the
MLM.  If netmon sees the MLM has died, he automatically resumes authority for
polling those devices until the MLM is back up.

Cheers,
Jane