nv-l

[nv-l] Measuring interface data (using xnmcollect)

2002-09-25 10:35:41
Subject: [nv-l] Measuring interface data (using xnmcollect)
From: john.j.mackney AT accenture DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:35:41 +0100
I have to monitor the traffic generated when a number of clients download a
new virus checker tomorrow morning via their logon scripts. I am not
monitoring the client PCs but am monitoring the Novel Server source hosts.

I have configured xnmcollect (Data Collection & Thresholds: SNMP) with the
3 servers and selected to collect information from the snmpInPkts MIB
object with a Store, No Threshold collection.

I can display the collected data with Graph All Collected Data... but I'm
not sure what I am seeing

Q: What is the Y-Axis  measuring?
Q: What does the IN in snmpInPkts mean? (packets IN or Interface packets -
(obviously I don't want to measure packets IN).

Sorry if this sounds totally banal.

John

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.