nv-l

Re: [nv-l] File, Refresh Map greyed out

2002-09-24 08:28:01
Subject: Re: [nv-l] File, Refresh Map greyed out
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:28:01 -0400
The trick is to delete the 'egg' for the Smartset. It will immediately
reappear,
empty and blue. Open it and it will be re-populated. The thing to rememeber
is that symbols in Smartsets are not revisited as the symbols in the IP
topology are.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      Jane Curry

                      <jane.curry@skills        To:       john.j.mackney AT
accenture DOT com, NetView mailing list <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
                      -1st.co.uk>               cc:

                                                Subject:  Re: [nv-l] File,
Refresh Map greyed out
                      09/24/2002 05:42

                      AM

John,
The File -> Refresh Map is for Read-Only users of a map to update to seeing
what is on the read-write version of the same map.  Refresh map is always
greyed-out on a read-write map.

Sounds like your IP Internet part of the world has picked up the new DNS
names
as they should.  The problem is in propagating that to the MLM submap.  I
have
sometimes seen similar problems with updating stuff in SmartSets - not sure
what the workaround is, but Refresh Map isn't it.

Cheers,
Jane

john.j.mackney AT accenture DOT com wrote:

> For some reason, the option File, Refresh Map is now grey. I have made
> several copies of my default map, but I cannot refresh any of them, Why
is
> this?
>
> The reason I want to refresh the map is that some servers were discovered
> before they had proper DNS entries and show up as green squares on the
MLM
> submap of the default map. Since DNS was corrected the respective network
> views of these object appear correctly, but the MLM submap still has the
> same green squares on it.
>
> John

> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have
> original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

> For additional commands, e-mail: nv-l-help AT lists.tivoli DOT com
>
> *NOTE*
> This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
> assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
> help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.