[nv-l] several questions about nv7
Running Netview 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3
I am in the final stage to replace my Netview 6.0.3 Netview with Netview
7.1.3. Our operators will now use the Java/web console. I see some features
that we were using before that I can not find in this new configurations.
- is it possible to do some popups windows with the web console (for
example when specific events occur) ? This is something that we were using
intensively before with the X11 GUI.
- How do you configure for one ruleset to be used by default with the web
console (without having the operator select it each time he restarts the
event window) ?
- I defined a scope for the operators to see only specific locations of the
map with the web console. How do I allow them also to see the smartsets ?
(either all of them or one by one) the list of existing smartsets is not in
the list of the existing location that I can include in a scope.
- Using the location.conf file. I notice that some of the router appear
twice: once at the root and once in the location where they are configured
to appear. Is there a reason for that ? how do I make them appear only in
the location ?
- I have some Cisco routers that seams to have difficulties being
discovered with snmp with Netview 7. I tried deleting the device several
time. On Netview 6 the device is discovered with snmp. on Netview 7, netmon
discover the device but without snmp. On both server the community string
is in comunitynames.conf and netmon is using option -h. Did one of you see
that problem before ?
- What does the following error means ? does it means that further events
will not be displayed ?
_SEV2_ netmon reached maximum number of outstanding events, disconnecting
from trapd. (5 args) (netView6000)t6;s58851330
Thanks a lot for any help you can provide me.
Salutations, / Regards,
Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- [nv-l] several questions about nv7,
Francois Le Hir <=