nv-l

[nv-l] several questions about nv7

2002-09-20 14:11:23
Subject: [nv-l] several questions about nv7
From: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:11:23 -0400
Running Netview 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3

I am in the final stage to replace my Netview 6.0.3 Netview with Netview
7.1.3. Our operators will now use the Java/web console. I see some features
that we were using before that I can not find in this new configurations.

- is it possible to do some popups windows with the web console (for
example when specific events occur) ? This is something that we were using
intensively before with the X11 GUI.

- How do you configure for one ruleset to be used by default with the web
console (without having the operator select it each time he restarts the
event window) ?

- I defined a scope for the operators to see only specific locations of the
map with the web console. How do I allow them also to see the smartsets ?
(either all of them or one by one) the list of existing smartsets is not in
the list of the existing location that I can include in a scope.

- Using the location.conf file. I notice that some of the router appear
twice: once at the root and once in the location where they are configured
to appear. Is there a reason for that ? how do I make them appear only in
the location ?

- I have some Cisco routers that seams to have difficulties being
discovered with snmp with Netview 7. I tried deleting the device several
time. On Netview 6 the device is discovered with snmp. on Netview 7, netmon
discover the device but without snmp. On both server the community string
is in comunitynames.conf and netmon is using option -h. Did one of you see
that problem before ?

- What does the following error means ? does it means that further events
will not be displayed ?
_SEV2_ netmon reached maximum number of outstanding events, disconnecting
from trapd. (5 args) (netView6000)t6;s58851330

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide me.
Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services