Re: [nv-l] Host added with loadhosts command placed in arpanet
For the perplexed, here's what I think has happened.
- I added these servers with loadhosts because they are not being detected
- Originally I did not specify the -m subnetmask value as the reference for
loadhosts says that if a subnet mask is not specified to loadhosts,
loadhosts uses the IP class of the device to work out what network to put
- loadhosts assumed a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0
- As a result, the servers ended up in the 10 arpanet network
- The servers have a true subnet mask of 255.255.240.0
- I removed the servers from the db and added them again with loadhosts -p
-m 255.255.240.0 <inputfile
- They are added to the correct subnet and managed by the MLM
Good so far.
Now the downside.
- Because snmp is not accessible (don't know community name) they stay as
- snmpwalk -c public.... works so added public for that address to
- Tried demand poll - returns nothing. Icons stay blank
- Tried nslookup nodename - returns IP address
-Tried nslookup IP address - returns Non-existant node (aha - no reverse
lookup) seems to be the case for most servers!!!
Jane, do I need to ovstop netmon before issuing "netmon -a 12". I tried the
command, but see nothing special in netmon.trace.
To be continued no doubt.
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.