nv-l

RE: [nv-l] SNMPv2 MIB and Trap definition file issue for VCS

2002-08-22 10:53:42
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMPv2 MIB and Trap definition file issue for VCS
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejan.mijailovic AT inquent DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>, "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi AT ssa DOT gov>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:53:42 -0400
Fawad,

I think we are all confused here.

There are two things we are talking about:
Real Trap OID and Varbind OID.

In order convert VARBIND doted numbers to doted names, you must compile MIB
version 1 using xnmloadmib.
To convert MIB 2 to MIB 1 is relatively easy. Just compare two mib files.
For example,
Replace "MAX-ACCESS" with "ACCESS", "MODULE-IDENTIFIER" with "MODULE
IDENTITY", put STATUS as "mandatory"...remove some stuff,... just play with
it and compare it and you will eventually do it.

If you want to define the TRAP and convert TRAP OID to name, you can do it
manually, using Options->Event Configuration:Trap Customization: SNMP..

But, as I understand your e-mail, you Veritax Box sends a TRAP with OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.1302.3.8.10.2.2 and NETVIEW receives TRAP with TRAP OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.1302.3.8.10. Is this the case?

Can you post the formats of the both traps, received by MG-Soft and NetView.
So we will see what we are talking about.

Dejan Mijailovic