nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NetView Client

2002-08-21 13:50:31
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView Client
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:50:31 -0400
Yes and no.

First, the UNIX product and the NT product are entirely separate and
distinct products.  They do not have the same underlying code.   And even
if they did, NT is "little endian" and AIX is "big endian" so they would
pass data that is backward to each other.   You cannot mix NT with
anything other than Windows (such as Windows 2000).

But you can intermix  Solaris and AIX, which have identical function code
and identical byte-ordering.  You can have an AIX server and a Solaris
client, or vice-versa.  Notice that Linux does not participate at all.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Julie V Opheim" <julie.v.opheim AT aexp DOT com>
08/21/2002 01:22 PM