nv-l

Re: [nv-l] MIB Loading?

2002-08-15 16:40:10
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Loading?
From: D T <dtmitre AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:40:10 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, I completely forgot, thanks.  NetView 7.1.2 on Solaris8.  It turned out to be a problem with the MIB.  Although there wasn't anything wrong with the MIB when checked with vi, it loaded right up after running dos2unix on it.  So now all the MIBs we need are loaded, on to trying to put in snmpv3...

DT
---------------
David Todd
Tivoli Developer
703.883.7291

 James Shanks wrote:

It would helpful when you ask such questions if you mention the version of
NetView (7.1, 7.1.1, etc) you have and also on what platform.
Generally, such a message would indicate a problem with the MIB. I am not
certain what exactly you man by "macro" in reference to this. Perhaps you
should post the part of the MIB that causes the error.

Offhand, I would say that there is no need to load anything called
"SNMPv2-SMI.my" because the loader already has all the general SNMP
definitions it needs. This is not like SMICng compiler where you have to
load a ton of include files to compile anything. The only things you
should need to load would be vendor MIBS -- not definitions -- unless you
got a prior error message that said they were missing.

Also, you would be wise to rename anything you want to load to "*.mib" as
the java loader is sensitive ! to that.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

D T
08/15/2002 11:37 AM