nv-l

Re: [nv-l] MIB Application Builder Question.

2002-08-15 15:03:10
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Application Builder Question.
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:03:10 -0400
What you see after Ciscoworks integration is the result of two
separate steps: it added things to the server menu, and it also
added things to the web menu. The web client does not pick
up its menu selections from the server interface menu.

As I said before, you too can add things to the web client menu
but you must first upgrade with a patch on 7.1.1 available from
Support, and then you must follow the instructions to add your
new functions. If you want those same functions on the server,
you do that as a separate step.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      Luis_Yelamo@banes

                      co.com                   To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com
                                               cc:

                      08/15/2002 10:47         Subject:  Re: [nv-l] MIB
Application Builder Question.
                      AM

Hi List.

Netview 7.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3

Recently we make the Cisco Work integration with Netview, and we can see a
new opcion added in the main menu, named Cisco Application with three  sub
menus, additionally we can see a new action in the web_console_security
(you can see the graph). if we activate this new opcion for a user, this
user can see this opcion from the Netview Web Console (Tools -> Cisco
->CiscoView 5X), and additionally in the web console security we can see
all the opcion of the monitor menu if we selected it.

For this reason I think that the Anabella said, maybe is posible, but I
don´t know how to do this.

This is an Idea.

Regards.

Luis Yelamo.
Tivoli Administrator.

(See attached file: web_console_security.gif)

"Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com> con fecha 08/12/2002 06:16:23 PM

Destinatarios: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
CC:
Asunto:        Re: [nv-l] MIB Application Builder Question.

This is what I said before:
There is no relationship between the menu of the server and the web client.

You may now add some things to the web client interface, but I don't think
xnmgraph applications is one of them. To add things to the web client at
7.1.1 you need to call support and ask them for the patch that allows this.
Then you must code your application so that it can be called from the
commandline, and its output must be of a kind that can be viewed in a
browser
instance.

What I meant is this: MIB Applications that you create on the server
will not show on the web client. There is no MIB application builder for
the web client. What you did on the server is correct. Your expectation
that you will see it on the web client is incorrect.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      Anabella_Gonzalez@

                      banesco.com               To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                                                cc:
nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
                      08/12/2002 11:15          Subject:  Re: [nv-l] MIB
Application Builder Question.
                      AM

Hi All.

Thanks Very Much for your answer Leslie.

We created using Mib Application Builder in the Tools--> Mib Application
Builder: SNMP ...  menu  and select the opcion --> Add Mib Application, in
the input field Menu Path we set Monitor-->System Information --> FreeMem
and we select the mib variable FreeMem, this add a new opcion in the
Monitor Menu on Netview Server, we test it, and work perfectly, but when we
launch Web Console this opcion doesn´t  appears, in the Monitor Menu.

We need know if this is posible.

Greetings  and Regards.

Anabella G.

*NOTE*