nv-l

[nv-l] Re: Retail users

2002-08-15 04:12:00
Subject: [nv-l] Re: Retail users
From: "Danny H Williams" <danny AT uk.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:12:00 +0100
Hi Herman,

Although I am unable to name names, I can tell you that I have personally
installed NetView on AIX in two of the UK's supermarkets. Both have a
network team who are responsible for monitoring and using the tool. They
don't have a dedicated Network Operations Centre but the network monitoring
is combined with other operational tasks. They both have 1000s of nodes
that are being monitored - one looks at servers as well as network
infrastructure. The other just looks at the network infrastructure
(routers, hubs, switches, etc.). Staff that supports NetView at each
customer can be counted on one hand, but the number that benefit directly
from it, mostly via Web Consoles is significantly larger.

Hope that helps,

Danny Williams
IBM Global Services