nv-l

[nv-l] Netview/Aix users! please reply

2002-08-14 09:27:25
Subject: [nv-l] Netview/Aix users! please reply
From: Herman.E.Caballero AT Lowes DOT Com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:27:25 -0400

Sirs,

We are looking to implement Netview for a large Retail Company.

I have some questions, and if you would, please reply to some or all of  these questions:

What was the main reason for selecting Netview in your company?

What other Network Management tools along with Netview do you use?

In your opinion what are the strengths and weaknesses of Netview?

How many people are involved in running your Network Management operation.

What system do you use for trouble ticketing and does it link into Netview?

Has the use of Netview proved to be cost effective.

About how many locations or Nodes do you monitor with Netview.

What Event Correlation software do you use, if any.

Do you have a NOC? And if so, how many people at the NOC?  24/7?

Are you the sole administrator for Netview, or do you have other person(s) helping or backing you?

If you had to do it over, would you still choose Netview? or other product?

Your input means a lot to us in making a sound decision.

Thank you so much,

Herman E. Caballero

Communications Services

(336) 658-4147