Re: [nv-l] AIX Config Recommendation for Netview
you need to provide more information for tuning recommendations that are
beyond those in the product manuals.
- do the AIX tuning as described in product manuals
- size of managed network --- for large networks, put /usr/OV/databases in
separate filesystem and stripe that across multiple drives. If speed of
your NetView box is critical, choose number of drives by putting about
100MB per drive.
- any clients on x-client --- if sharing any maps via NFS, be sure and
tune NFS too.
- polling period --- use documented CLI "netmon -a" commands to make sure
that netmon is keeping up. Adjust queue sizes if necessary with "-q" and "
-Q" parameters in netmon.lrf.
- run a local DNS if possible on NetView server, otherwise keep it in same
subnet as NetView server.
section 8.3 of Redbook "Tivoli NetView 6.01 and Friends" still has useful
Stephen Hochstetler shochste AT us.ibm DOT com
International Technical Support Organization - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564 FAX - 512-436-9326
ITSO redbooks at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com