nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Trap Description

2002-08-08 17:12:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Trap Description
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:12:50 -0400
I think you mean that you got those traps in trapd.log.  Those are log
entries, not definitions, you have shown.

I don't recall the meaning on the isolated digit "1" off-hand but it is
not important.  The letter "I" indicates that the trap is from ipmap.

I suspect you re really asking, who deleted this and why?
The answer is that you cannot tell by looking in trapd.log.
I'd start keeping a netmon trace.  My guess is that it was netmon which
deleted the interface, and then the node, from topology, for whatever
reason.  ipmap only did as he was told, and removed it from the map.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Amjad Asif (tel2axa)" <tel2axa AT ups DOT com>
08/08/2002 04:28 PM