nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Selection name on NV for Windows

2002-08-08 15:51:48
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Selection name on NV for Windows
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:51:48 +0100
Hi Leslie,
I don't see how the underlying NT is resolving for NetView to give a Selection
Name of BACKUP, but if you
use a windows command prompt you cannot ping BACKUP or nslookup BACKUP - that's
why I am suspicious that
BACKUP  is coming from SNMP - scary!

If anyone has a definitive statement of what order Mr Gates uses the various
mechanisms for name to
address resolution, I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jane