nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NetView on Intel/Linux vs RISC/AIX -- No Cisco Adapter for NetView on Linux

2002-08-02 16:09:02
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView on Intel/Linux vs RISC/AIX -- No Cisco Adapter for NetView on Linux
From: jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:09:02 -0400
Well, I am an idiot.  I stuck my neck out here based on my reading of the
7.1.2 Release Notes and code work I knew was done, but I got it wrong.

It turns out that development ported the Cisco Integration adapter from
Solaris/AIX to Linux when we did the Linux port for NetView V7.1.
Unfortunately, what we didn't know (and didn't think to ask) was that
Cisco itself does not support CiscoWorks on Linux.  The result is that our
integration utility is worthless - there is nothing to integrate with.
However, if Cisco ever does do that port (and we have been told that there
are no plans to do so), we can support it - but until then, it is all
vaporware.  In other words, there is no support for CiscoWorks on Linux,
and, therefore, no support for CiscoWorks integration on any version of
NetView Linux.

Mea culpa and my apologies to all.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
----- Forwarded by James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM on 08/02/2002 04:04 PM -----