nv-l

RE: [nv-l] CDP and Discovery

2002-08-01 16:21:30
Subject: RE: [nv-l] CDP and Discovery
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal AT erac DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:21:30 -0500
Todd,

I was told by Support long ago that NV used CDP as well as ARP cache info.
I sure hope that is true. Although, it would explain this problem if NV
didn't.

I don't know the answer to your MIB-II question.

It's too late for the snmpwalk. I suppose you mean NV uses the ARP entries
in the "at" or arp table.
I'll check the router the next time it occurs.

Thanks,
Ray.