nv-l

Re: [nv-l] nvmaputil.sh

2002-08-28 13:17:49
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvmaputil.sh
From: Gareth Holl <gholl AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:17:49 -0400

nvmaputil is explained on page 21 and Appendix B of the 7.1.2 Release Notes for UNIX.

Deleting objects has always been a map function and still is from my understanding (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). The nvmaputil utility is only meant to delete symbols from the map which are associated with the selection name used. Deleting symbols from a map does not remove the underlying object from the Object DB.

To remove all traces of a particular device, you would need to select the menu option "Edit->Delete Object->From All Submaps" from a read-write map

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Francois Le Hir" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>

08/28/2002 10:04 AM