nv-l

[nv-l] /usr/OV/bin

2002-06-27 14:11:33
Subject: [nv-l] /usr/OV/bin
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:11:33 -0400
/usr/OV/bin/snmptrap -
1.  Is there a way to make this call in a non-blocking manner?  I am trying
to 'flood' one of our NMS for testing purposes.  The snmptrap call will not
return to the parent until in completes, i.e. ~1 trap .5 seconds, which is
not quick enough for me.

2.  I have been unsuccessful trying to get the syntax correct for specifying
additional parameters.  Without additional parameters I will get FMT errors
in the Events Window.

/usr/OV/bin/deathtrap -
1.  What is this, no man-page on it.

/usr/OV/xnmtelnet -
1.  Cant get this to work, would like to know what it is and how to use it.

PS Is there an API for sending traps (UDP) to the NMS...quickly?  Does
anyone have any source for doing this outside of Netview?

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated