nv-l

[nv-l] data collection/thresholds, config files, daemons

2002-06-24 20:17:56
Subject: [nv-l] data collection/thresholds, config files, daemons
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 24 Jun 2002 19:17:56 -0500
Greetings,

I'm creating procedures for adding trap support for some new devices
that will be followed by other NetView administrators.  I'd like to be
able to specify the procedures completely from the command line by
distributing a text file that can be appended to each of the
configuration files that are affected.

When changing various configuration files, which daemons must be
restarted for the change to be noted to the running daemons?
Unfortunately the man page for each of these really doesn't say.

mib.coerce   ->  snmpCollect is my best guess?
mibExpr.conf -> snmpCollect ?
snmpcol.conf -> snmpCollect ?

or do all deamons need to be brought down?

Is this documented anywhere?

TIA for any insight or advice!

Best Regards,
--