nv-l

[nv-l] Re:How to certify the completion of MIB.

2002-06-19 13:02:27
Subject: [nv-l] Re:How to certify the completion of MIB.
From: "Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:02:27 -0400
Asif,

As explained in the man page of snmpwalk, the "End of Mib" is normal when
we reach the end of the mibs that are supported for this device.
Its not about the mibs that are loaded in Netview but about the mibs that
the device support. If netview didn't get you an error message, then the
mib is properly loaded.

man snmpwalk
"If there is an attempt to search beyond the end of  the  remote
 node MIB, with snmpwalk or snmpnext, the message End of MIB is displayed."

Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services