nv-l

[nv-l] netmon -y error

2002-06-19 13:07:40
Subject: [nv-l] netmon -y error
From: "Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:07:40 -0400
Santosh,

netmon need the trapd daemon to be up in order to start. do "ovstatus
trapd" to check if the daemon is up. trapd also depend on snmpd. So if
snmpd is down, trapd won't start and netmon won't start either.
I had this error message and it was because of snmpd being down. Use lssrc
-s snmpd on AIX to check. (and startsrc -s snmpd to start it)
Once netmon wil be up, the demandpoll should work.

Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services