nv-l

[nv-l] questions about backup functionnality

2002-06-12 05:21:12
Subject: [nv-l] questions about backup functionnality
From: "Denis Peuziat" <PEUZIATD AT fr.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:21:12 +0200
Hi,

I got a few questions about the backup functionnality in NV 7.1
(Administration->backup->backup configuration):

first, let me describe the environment: 2 NV servers, One managing network
nodes, the other system Nodes (servers). From what I understood, the backup
functionnality should allow one NV to backup the other one in case of
failure; and the nodes of the remote NV should be unmanaged on the local
NV.

- I'd like to know how it is possible that I get Node Down trap from nodes
that are unmanaged???
- does anyone ever tried this functionnality?

Thanks for your help!

Denis PEUZIAT
Tivoli Netview Administrator
IBM La Gaude