nv-l

Re: [nv-l] name file

2002-05-17 11:47:44
Subject: Re: [nv-l] name file
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice AT SAQ.qc DOT ca>
Date: 17 May 2002 10:47:44 -0500
"D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice AT SAQ.qc DOT ca> writes:
> I'm sorry James, i won't send you personnal mail anymore. thank for
> your help.  for now how is ok with netview.
>
> Who told you to use /etc/netnmrc? : i check to inittab file and i have see
> that in comment
> /etc/netnmrc # start netview

This line executes the /etc/netnmrc  script.   The inline comment
correctly describes the effect of the script.

If you look in the /etc/netnmrc  file you'll see the calls to ovstart
and friends.

This is important if you say change some environment variables used by
netview.  An ovstop;ovstart pair doesn't do everything you need for
that case.  To completely kill and restart you :

root# ovstop   (this may be redundant with the following command)
root# ovstop nvsecd
root# nettl -stop   (this may not be required)
root# /etc/netnmrc

I learned this tidbit when adjusting the AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters
environment variable.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/