nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Problem accesing Netview through X Windows

2002-05-09 12:18:21
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Problem accesing Netview through X Windows
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: "Jose Alejandro Arcila Granada" <jarcila AT bancolombia.com DOT co>
Date: 09 May 2002 11:18:21 -0500
"Jose Alejandro Arcila Granada" <jarcila AT bancolombia.com DOT co> writes:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I am using Netview  V 5.1, installed in AIX 4.3.3.
>
> I Managed it from my Windows 95 desktop, using the X Windows client from
> NetManage's Viewnow.  In my current desktop it works fine.  However, I am
> migrating to a new Windows XP desktop, the X client installed without a
> glitch.   The connection to the host from my new machine has no problem,
> and it opens netview just fine.  Nevertheless, when I double click the
> IP-Internet icon, which contains the graphic maps (*.gif) that represent my
> network, all the netview windows disappeared.
>
> Have any of you have such a problem?, is there any solution?,

What is anything is in your NetView session log file nv6000.log?  The
X errors NetView experiences should be in there.

Sounds like there's something about XP and that particular X server
that doesn't grok.  I'd try another X server that has been
specifically ok'd for use with XP.  Given the interaction with display
drivers, I can imagine a scenario where an old X server with XP's
device driver management could get squirrelly in a hurry.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/